Quarantining in NYC




I miss New York.



The Coronavirus pandemic has forced us to shelter inside our tiny apartments with overactive radiators and undersized refrigerators. Our favorite city haunts have been shuttered since March, leaving us to fend for ourselves and argue with significant others on which overpriced restaurant we should order from in hopes it will survive. 

I moved here because I was obsessed with the energy. In a city that never sleeps, there were endless opportunities to seek, people to meet, and places to find. Since all of that has come to a halt, I can probably speak on behalf of a majority of New Yorkers and say we're getting a lot more sleep.

Fortunately one of my strengths is always finding the positive in every situation. I'm also fortunate that I have remained healthy during this crisis so I have been determined to live my best life inside! Gourmet meals, fine wine, luxury bedding, Oscar-winning movies, and bay windows that give me the slightest river view are all part of #livingmybestlifeinside. I honestly cannot complain.

Ever since we've been on lockdown I have amped up my cooking and even attempted some baking (I've never been much of a baker but Nick has an enormous sweet tooth). Every day I think to myself how grateful I am we're not in our 300 sq ft studio from two years ago—the tiny kitchen would not have fit a week's worth of groceries, the tiny oven would not have been able to bake sourdough bread, and our bed would permanently smell like a Chinese restaurant. 

That said, I have decided to share my winning dishes, mishaps, and other food adventures with you. My posts won't consist of original recipes or fancy photos (I like to eat my food before it's cold) but it will hopefully inspire and bring some laughs. 

Nick and I create a menu and go grocery shopping every Friday—the day consists of us gathering our reusable shopping bags (just doing our part to save the earth) and standing on line for our favorite market, Grace's. It's a high-end market with prices to match but since we have nothing else to spend money on, we're more than happy to invest in the best produce and meat. #livingourbestlifeinside

At the end of each week, I always ask Nick what his favorite dish was and surprisingly, it has been the chicken dishes lately. He always whines when I want to make chicken since he finds it boring but you won't find any boring chicken dishes on my menu. Check out his winning dishes of the week on the left sidebar!



Comments

Popular Posts