My super is a real fungi

I have a joke for you:

What's the only room you can't have in your house?
A mushroom.

Actually, that's false.

The leak in my kitchen has caused some serious rotting wood and mold in my kitchen cabinets...to the point that there's an actual mushroom growing. Have you ever heard of such a thing? A real mushroom growing on my kitchen ceiling inside the cabinets. It's possibly the nastiest thing I've seen.

Do you think my super cares? No. The first time I called him to report the leak he said he'd go upstairs and see what's going on. No response. So I called him the next day and he said "they're not doing anything upstairs, they don't know what's going." Ok, Ben, that's not how you solve a problem. I asked him to come to apartment to see what I was dealing with. He shows up with a flashlight and I show him the nasty water leaking all over the place and how it's also yellowing the walls in my bathroom. He said he'd fix it.

I call him two days later to ask for an update (because he never tells me anything). He replies "Yes, yes we're aware! It'll be fixed tomorrow."

Since there was nasty water all over the place I decided to take everything out of the cabinets (plates, bowls, glasses, etc), wash everything, and put them on the dining table. You know, in case the whole thing collapsed or something.

While I was cleaning and looking in the cabinets I saw something weird on the ceiling and couldn't figure out what it was. I took a picture and zoomed in. Fungi. GROSS. It's like a plant that has sprouted multiple branches.

It's time to call in the professionals. So I've called my management company (which is like, two people) maybe five times with no answer. I'll probably have to report them, again.

Comments

Popular Posts