Week 8: Nick's Winning Dish

We're starting to notice a trend that Nick has been picking the Friday dish as the winner - not sure if we're deciding to make the most enticing sounding dish on Friday or if it's the mindset of the weekend but it happened again this past week. For Nick, nothing could beat the jambalaya I made on Friday.


With andouille sausage, chicken, bell peppers, jalapeno, and Cajun seasoning, it was definitely a dish to clear up the sinuses. I also topped it with the scallions that are growing on my windowsill!

For me, I might have to choose the Buffalo chicken sandwich. Sounds ordinary but the homemade sourdough brioche bun really made it unbelievably delicious. I ate another bun the next day with just butter and I couldn't stop raving about how good it was. 


It was a good week for Mr. Bubbles! He also made some English muffins which were a huge success. I made them for eggs Benedict but my hollandaise sauce was a bit of a disaster - still tasty but it didn't thicken at all so it was like eating poached eggs dripping with butter and egg yolk. I attempted to make the sauce in my blender but the base of my Vitamix is too large to whip up a small amount of liquid. Ah well - at least I didn't break my poached eggs. 


Other contenders this week:

Tapas Night: Chorizo, Potato, & Cheese Croquettes with Avocado Aioli, Skirt Steak with Smoky Tomato Butter, Shishito Peppers
Jerk Chicken & Macaroni Salad
Eggs Benedict
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
Quiche Lorraine


Comments

Popular Posts